22 -23, March 2013 Hotel Keys, Housing Board Junction, Trivandrum
Robotics and Automation is an area that is fast- emerging, with numerous applications in industrial, military, domestic and personal domains.
Robots are machines that have specially-defined capabilities that make them fit for a purpose. Usually, this involves control mechanisms, sensors for feedback, and information modelling/processing that provides the specific behavior of the robot.
Open Source robotics is a branch of robotics where the robot's capabilities are made publicly available for study and extension, usually through making available the design, schematics and source code under an Open Source license.
This workshop, targeted at students and open source robotics enthusiasts, will have both theory and hands- on components. Lead faculty for the program is Dr Raj Madhavan, Associate Research Scientist with the University of Maryland, US, and a guest researcher with the National Institute of Standards and Technology, USA. Dr. Madhavan has a Ph.D. in Field Robotics from the University of Sydney, and ME (Research) in Systems Engineering from the Australian National University.
- Introduction to Robotics and Automation
- Components and functions
- Hands-on Projects
* Line following robot: A robot vehicle that detects and follows a path on the ground.
* Accelerometer based remote control: A robot vehicle that responds to an accelerometer module present on the remote control
* Obstacle avoiding vehicle
* Rover for pollution detection: An RC car with mounted pollution/ gas detection module to sniff LPG/smoke etc.
* Android-controlled Vehicle
- Emerging Technologies in Robotics and Automation: Self-driving Cars, Surgical Robotics, and Factory Automation
Click here for flier.
Hotel Keys, Housing Board Junction, Trivandrum
Free for students and Rs. 1000 for others.
Registration will be on a first-come-first-served basis. For ensuring your seats, kindly contact Hasiya at +91 471 2700012 (or email@example.com).