(18-20 May 2013, Chinmaya Institute of Technology, Kannur)
ICFOSS, Digital Freedom Foundation Mumbai and Chinmaya Institute of Technology, Kannur are jointly organizing a three-day workshop on GNUKhata, the FOSS-based financial account application. The workshop is targeted at students, chartered accountants and SMEs
GNUKhata, (www.gnukhata.org) is a Free and Open Source (FOSS)based financial accounting and book keeping software. It is an industryquality product developed by a community of programmers, domain experts and analysts, with a view to providing a viable FOSS based alternative for accounting. Today, it is being used by several institutions, organizations and small businesses. Since GNUKhata is also free of cost, it is expected that there will be substantial increase in its use in the future.
This workshop is targeted at students, accountants, bookkeepers, NGOs, and small businesses. The workshop aims at providing the participants with the knowhow for a complete, endtoend accounting & bookkeeping application for an enterprise.
GNUKhata is not just free as in free of cost, but more importantly freeasinfreedom. It should be understood that although the license cost is zero, individual service providers can charge for their service, such as installation, training and customization, thereby providing a revenue stream for freelance accountants.
In a nutshell, GNUKhata is,
● A complete, FOSSbased financial accounting software
● Serves the financial accounting needs of NGOs , SMEs and Government Departments
● Highly customizable due to FOSS nature
● Easy to use webbased interface
● Multiuser by default
● Ledgers, Trial Balances and other reports can be exported to spreadsheet format
● Will soon to include a tax calculation module and inventory management
● Soon to be available in Hindi, Malayalam and Marathi
A fee of Rs. 500 will be charged for professionals, but students may attend free of cost, subject to seat availability. For registration, kindly contact: